History of the Chiropractic Clinic of Solon
The Chiropractic Clinic of Solon-A Brief Overview
Virgil D. Evans, D.M., D.C., first established this practice in
Cleveland in 1933, as the Cleveland Chiropractic Clinic. Dr. Evans was trained as a graduate chemist and worked as a metallurgist. He patented a process for making high carbon steel, which is useful in making cutting tools. Dr. Evans attended Western Reserve Medical School, but in his second year, he transferred to National College of Chiropractic in Chicago, Illinois to obtain his D.M. and D.C. degrees. Upon returning to Cleveland, he served as Vice President of the Metropolitan College of Chiropractic in downtown Cleveland.
Warren S. Radford, D.M., D.C. joined Dr. Evans in the Cleveland Chiropractic Clinic practice in 1952. Dr. Radford graduated from the University of Florida, and the Lincoln College of Chiropractic in Indiana. During his career, Dr. Radford researched spinal problems and disc disease associated with faulty seating designs and he developed several U.S., Canadian, and Japanese patents for orthopedic devices for spinal problems and patient care. During his three decades of chiropractic practice he helped train many young doctors at the Cleveland Chiropractic Clinic. Dr. Radford developed the country's first patented contoured orthopedic chair back, a design that has become the most popular design for aircraft and automobile seating today.
The Clinic has moved three times throughout the seven decades of continuous service. In 1977 the name changed to the Chiropractic Clinic of Solon when the clinic moved to its current location in the historic district of Solon, on Bainbridge Road.
Dr. David C. Radford is currently the clinic director; a talented staff of doctors and allied professionals assist Dr. Radford in providing a comprehensive evaluation and individualized treatment plan for each patient we serve. Dr. Radford also works as a member of a multidisciplinary team of spine specialists associated with Lutheran Hospital, a division of the Cleveland Clinic Health System.
We are proud of our chiropractic heritage, the founders, the present doctors, staff, and associates of the Chiropractic Clinic, both past and present. We are pleased that this institution has withstood the dark days of persecution and misunderstanding of the chiropractic profession. We believe we are able to provide superior health care to the public, and we offer education, and quality care to thousands of patients every year.
The Clinic currently continues to grow and treat many of the original families, many into third and fourth generations. Dr. Evans was proud of this continuation and if he were alive today, would enjoy the distance that our profession has traveled since those humble beginnings in 1933.
The Chiropractic profession has evolved tremendously since 1895, just as all medicine has, from the days of informality and the old bone setters of early America, through the controversy and persecution, to the current 60,000 plus doctors of chiropractic medicine. Chiropractic physicians currently represent the second largest group of health care providers in the United States, and serve nearly every country in the World.
The Chiropractic emphasis has and always will be based upon a natural and scientific approach to the diagnosis and treatment of spinal disorders by integrating a drug-free and hands on approach. These theories have been well documented in recent years, thus the doctor of chiropractic stands now in the forefront, as a specialist for the treatment of these patients. Doctors of chiropractic have become specialists in the field of conservative spinal care.
||How to Contact Us
|33141 Bainbridge Road
Solon, OH 44139
Email: [email protected]